Hyper X Cloud 2 Headset Not Getting Picked Up By The Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky_3

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
I've gone to the playback and recording tabs to try and enable to headset that I just received today as it said in the instruction menu. The only problem is it's not there, I've enabled show disabled devices and such, and I've also tried to scan for it and nothing works.

Solution
have you tried a different usb plug? the front, the back or using usb3 instead of usb2?

if it still doesnt show up it could be a problem with the soundcard itself. i know they have had issues with it in the past though normally it was due to the virtual surround and i thought they fixed the problem.

also, i would verify that your usb port is working correctly (with something like a mouse or such). it could be an issue with your usb port controller as well.
first.. are you connected via 3.5mm or via usb (i know at least one variation had a usb soundcard)?. if via 3.5mm are you connected properly using two jacks? if via usb have you tried 3.5mm or using a different usb jack?

second.. have you tried removing and reinstalling your soundcard drivers?

does the headset work on another device or pc?

Jacky_3

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016

I am connected via the USB sound card, I do not have another PC, but if I were to remove it from the USB sound card and plug it into my phone, it does work. The Hyper x Cloud 2 does not have a driver and it should be just plug and play, I'm not sure what the problem is.

have you tried a different usb plug? the front, the back or using usb3 instead of usb2?

if it still doesnt show up it could be a problem with the soundcard itself. i know they have had issues with it in the past though normally it was due to the virtual surround and i thought they fixed the problem.

also, i would verify that your usb port is working correctly (with something like a mouse or such). it could be an issue with your usb port controller as well.

Solution

avandol

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Its a problem with the USB dongle of the HyperX Headset. Its plain junk and needs to be returned. Other people report the same issue.
The USB dongle doesnt respond on the USB ID call from the system, so Windows returns: Device Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.