HyperX Cloud 2 Microphone not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramhaag

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hello,

I recieved my HyperX cloud 2 a day ago. I'd been waiting a few days for this package, so I was fairly excited to test it out. The audio works fine and the headset feels very comfy, but when I tried to call my friend on Skype he pointed out that my microphone wasn't working,

The microphone is set as default microphone, volume is locked at 0.0dB (volume should be able to change via the provided USB Sound Card which I've been using). I've updated my drivers, removed and reinstalled my drivers but no succes yet.

If I go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording Devices the sound indicator next to the microphone is always at 0, even if I scream into the microphone.

The headset is connected to a USB 2.0 port at the moment, but USB 3.0 doesn't work either. Also, the microphone isn't muted on the sound card.

System specs:
Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU: Intel i7 4970K (4 cores @ 4.00 GHz)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB OC (1.11 GHz)
I have no dedicated sound card.

Any help would be appreciated,

- bramhaag

bramhaag

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
It isn't turned off, I'm 100% sure of that

bramhaag

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Turns out the microphone has been dead from the moment I received it. I contacted Kingston's customer service and I'll receive a replacement microphone in <10 days without any costs :D

bramhaag

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Update: I've received my new microphone, which means that the total time to process the support ticket, notifying the RMA department and shipping the product took less than 3 days, all on Kingston's dime (Note that it was shipped from the UK to the Netherlands via Air Mail).

I'm really, really satisfied with Kingston's support! This great support makes up for the fact that the microphone wasn't tested in the factory. I would most definitely say Kingston has the best customer support I've ever encountered.

Havardox

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

It was quite the opposite situation for me. Had a hyperx cloud 2 headset for about 6 months and suddenly the right ear wasn't playing audio anymore. So I filed an RMA and after 3 weeks I finally got the headphones. But guess what... the new pair was also broken. Needless to say, I don't buy products from Kingston anymore.

Tonytoon

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
THE FIX

1.Go to the sound manager (the little pannel wich is simply call "sound")
2. go to record
3. right clic your headset (hypperX 7.1 Audio) and clic on "disable"
*if it's not there, right clic anywhere and clic "show disabled devices"
4. right clic it again and clic on "enable"

*if it was already disable well... your problem was stupid xD

SomeRandyScrub

Prominent
May 16, 2017

im such an idiot i love u to death.. but im just curious how it turned off i was playing games and the mic worked fine and then i unplugged it after i was done playing because there was no need to have it on.. then i turned off my pc and went on a holiday for 2 days .. came back played 1 game of csgo and my mic wasnt working lol.. anyways thanks alot i love u to death!

Titanium170

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

TY man this worked for me, remember guys the headset has 2 year warranty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.