Glenn Karlsen

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
System: Win 8.1

I recently bought a HyperX Cloud headset after using in-ear buds with some random mic for ages.

I can't quite recall the quality I should be expecting, especially since the last headset I had came with a 7.1 virtual surround which I used and got pretty used to.

I'm just curious if I'm getting close to the full potential of my new headset with the integrated realtek sound card on my ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, or if I have to get a new amp/soundcard?

Couldn't figure out how much ohm I could expect from my mobo, but the headset is 60 ohms.

Also; I tried the SRS Audio enhancers isntead of the Soundmax ones (since I heard they're pretty bad). The software was pretty decent, but I'm not sure I need it when I could use the Sonic Focus feature. Are the audio enhancers in general outdated?

All answers are appreciated.

Solution
The 7.1 surround thing is not real, some people see a difference and some dont. To get the most out of any headphones on a computer, a good soundcard is the key, id recommend the Asus Xonar DS, which is a very good card for the price.

Hope this helps!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
The 7.1 surround thing is not real, some people see a difference and some dont. To get the most out of any headphones on a computer, a good soundcard is the key, id recommend the Asus Xonar DS, which is a very good card for the price.

Hope this helps!

Solution