I am looking for a budget USB mic for Skype etc

mkil5

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
First of all, I am only looking to spend $30 or so. But that is not firm, and if there is something that is a lot better for a little more, I am definitely open to that.

I am just looking for a USB microphone to use with Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak, etc. Basically chatting with friends while gaming. By biggest thing is I would like to reduce the amount of keystrokes they hear as much as possible and the sound from my headphones (I have a semi-open headphone I use).

I'm open to webcams or preferably a desktop mic. I do not want 3.5mm.

Thanks for the help!

Solution
You could get a small amp ( amplifier ). It boosts the sound levels if its too low for you. Google to find out some more on them

gytisxp

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Why don`t you want a mic with a 3.5 mm jack? The sound quality would be much better. Analog mics plug directly into your PC's 3.5mm audio-input jack.
Generally usb mics are fairly low quality.

mkil5

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008

I am not sure what the problem is, but the motherboard has realtek audio on it, and when I hook up an Apple or PS4 headset to it, the sound is very low, I have to turn the gain up a ton and then it is barely audible with a lot of noise. I've reinstalled drivers, plugged in and unplugged the front audio jacks from the motherboard. I am going to call MSI and see if they know of a fix. Basically it has been a pain and I just want to go to USB if this isn't working soon.