I am not able to install server 2008/2012 on VMware

bijleekamatru

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hello,
I installed VMware 7.1.3 on my desktop but when i try to install windows server version 2008 or 2012 i get an error in windows boot manager which says windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
Note:
This is a 64 bit application couldn't load because your pc doesn't have a 64 bit processor.

Same error i get when i tried to install server 2008/2012 on physical machine.

My machine specification are
Intel e2140 processor 1.60 ghz but i overclock it to 1.8
2 gb installed ram

Can anybody guide me some temprary changes to run server on this machine

Any advice appreciated
Thanks in advance

bijleekamatru

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Thanks for your instant reply ijack i already check bios setting i don't find any VT-x option there,After that i check with Intel Processor identification utility they says "Intel VT-x with extended page tables No" but other operating system like RHEL,ubuntu works fine in VMware.

Thanks for suggestion to use VirtualBox i already try Oracle VM Vitualbox but i facing the same error.

Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Ijack

Distinguished
Ubuntu is available in 32- and 64-bit versions. I suspect that you will be able to install the 32-bit version but not the 64-bit one. If there is no BIOS option to enable VT-x, and it is not enabled by default, then I am not sure there is anything you can do. The original version of 2008 was available in 32-bit form, but R2 and 2012 are 64-bit only and your setup does not support 64-bit virtual machines.

I think the only alternative, other than upgrading your hardware, is to try and find a copy of the 32-bit version of 2008.