I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my gateway. Every time I try to turn it on it goes to windows error recovery page

5honda11

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my gateway. Every time I try to turn it on it goes to windows error recovery page, it states a recent hardware or software change maybe the cause of this problem. It suggest to launch startup repair, I have tried to do this many times, every time it will say windows is loading files and then it will go to a black screen. There is also an option to start windows normally, when I do this it looks like everything is starting to load like normal, but it will stay on the windows loading page for about five minutes before it restarts, going back to the same error recovery page. I would like to figure out what is going on, to see if this problem is worth fixing. Any suggestions will help! Thanks!

hackintosh777

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Burn a Linux live-usb and try to boot from it. If it works, that means your hard drive is dead. From the Linux USB, back up all your files and then replace the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

CompGee

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

He means working.

TRENDING THREADS