I am trying to hook my direct tv box to an older tv that has no HDMI ports all it has is Ant/cable in and s-video and rca jack

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Easiest way to get an answer is to list what outputs ARE available on the DirecTV set top box and what inputs are available on the HDTV. Common ports include

HDMI (not possible, we get that).
Composite (Yellow video + Red/White audio)
Component (Red, Blue, Green video + Red/White Audio)
VGA (Typically Blue 15-Pin D-Sub)
SVGA (single cable with 7 pins).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Easiest way to get an answer is to list what outputs ARE available on the DirecTV set top box and what inputs are available on the HDTV. Common ports include

HDMI (not possible, we get that).
Composite (Yellow video + Red/White audio)
Component (Red, Blue, Green video + Red/White Audio)
VGA (Typically Blue 15-Pin D-Sub)
SVGA (single cable with 7 pins).

-Wolf sends

richiestang_78

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mccallisterleemichael : "Need help connecting old tv direct tv"

You need a HDMI-to-Composite Converter (RCA).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Audio 2
B Audio 3
T Audio 1
T Audio 2
S Audio 1
F Audio 2
M Audio 2
L Audio 3
A Audio 1
G Audio 1
H Audio 8
G Audio 1
V Audio 2
D Audio 1
E Audio 1
S Audio 2
B Audio 1
O Audio 3
S Audio 1
B Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Hearing direction of sound incorrectly
Question Nubwo Headphone Issue: Directional pinpointing reversed. (Earcups reversed)
Question Sennheiser HD569 sound is fine when I connect headphones directly to my monitor, but with extension cord only when I hold the mic-button.
Solved! How do I hook up my direct TV satellite box to my laptop to watch it on laptop. I do have some kind of converter box
Solved! Directional audio in games quiet when in front and behind, but loud from left and right
Solved! How to hook up alexa accourtics 5.1 wired speakers directly to tv
Sound on headphones coming from different directions. Even though I've used them for months
How to connect speakers from Sony HCD-DZ520K DVD Receiver to Samsung UA32D6000SR XZN TV directly?
common wireless speakers for both direct TV streaming and cable sources?
Antennas Direct ClearStream Eclipse Wireless TV Antenna Review: Cord-Cutting for Everyone
Soldering a Headphone's cables directly to front panel audio coonector
Speakers directly to PC
Can I connect an android phone directly to an old to watch from it using just an 3.5mm rca cables
Connecting a PC directly to a power amp ?
Wiring speakers directly to a TV monitor.
Don't have a "cable box" - I'm on Direct TV. No jacks on the Direct box.
I have an hcd hdz235 and a new direct tv cable box and im trying to get sound from the cable box to go through my surround sou
Audio through direct tv
I have a Mackie ProFx16 mixer. How to connect a keyboard directly to the mixer? Sam
How do i hookup my samsung 55 hdtv, direct tv box and my older Yamaha receiver that does not have HDMI cable but it does have

ASK THE COMMUNITY