Solved! I cannot program my universal remote to my R C a DVD player Blu-ray player

Jun 5, 2018
I have an RCA Blu-ray disc player I cannot get my universal remote to control the Blu-ray player it’s an RCA on the front that has your on standby button source button USB Open closed IRNot sure what this is DVD DTSHDMI Doe B digital BD liveI have tried several different universes remotes cannot get any new program what am I doing wrong help

Solution
Standard "universal remotes" only have a limited number of IR codes built in. If the codes for the RCA BD player weren't installed by the manufacturer they can't be added. You will need either a learning remote that can be programmed with the remote that came with the RCA or a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed online from their huge database and can learn new codes too.
Standard "universal remotes" only have a limited number of IR codes built in. If the codes for the RCA BD player weren't installed by the manufacturer they can't be added. You will need either a learning remote that can be programmed with the remote that came with the RCA or a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed online from their huge database and can learn new codes too.

Solution