I can't play my video I just recorded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abiel Algravez

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
Hi guys. This is my first post ever. I would appreciate a lot your help.

Well, I recorded this video using ManyCam and my webcam. I tried recording some other videos with it first and it worked pretty well. The problem is when I recorded a long video of about 4 hours... Its size is about 4 GB, and when I try to play it, despite if it's ManyCap, Windows Media Player, VLC player, it won't work. In addition to that, the video on its properties does not show the actual lenght of the video. This is a really really important video to me, I wonder what I can do to play it; is it possible?

Thanks in advance guys!

Solution
The NTFS file system can hold single files over 281TB. Also, video games are not one large file - they are a ton load of smaller files. I would ask on the forums of this recording program you use to see if they know what the issue could be. You have better chances of finding an answer related to your problem there.

gwiddle

Estimable
May 3, 2015
I am curious what format your hard drive's file system is setup as. If your hard drive is formatted with the FAT32 file system, the maximum file size limit is 4GB, so perhaps you encountered an issue there where the video could not finish its recording. Just throwing a spice in the pot :)

Abiel Algravez

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
I see...Well, it is set at NTFS at the moment. If the file capacity limit is 4GB how come am I able to have larger files like videogames? And, how would I be able to finish the recording if that was the issue? Any advice?

gwiddle

Estimable
May 3, 2015
The NTFS file system can hold single files over 281TB. Also, video games are not one large file - they are a ton load of smaller files. I would ask on the forums of this recording program you use to see if they know what the issue could be. You have better chances of finding an answer related to your problem there.

Solution
Mar 15, 2018

Hello Abiel,

Did you ever get to resolve this playback issue?
I am faced with exact issue as yours and the video just won't play on any video playback software.
The video properties aren't showing asw well and while trying to playback, it freezes then gives error message a moment after. video size is 1.45GB and it is painful to know that recorded family memories just went down the drain.

Kindly hit me up if you ever got solutions to the issue.

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 217926

This thread is 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.