I can't see any of the pictures that I saved to my sd card on my Sony Xperia z1 (android)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobbydobby

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
I put the sd card in because I'd run out of storage, after a few attempts I managed to transfer the data, but when I go on my gallery, none of the pictures are there, but my music is still in the music, help?:/

ameilius

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
1. can you see the photos on the card on another device?

2. if so - make sure you check your "gallery display" settings in your gallery/photo app to be sure its displaying what you want

harry_r_s

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
If not, then either
1. You forgot to select photos while transfer. or
2. You interrupted the transfer process or
3. Or your sd was full and you didn't bothered the notification. - hypothetically..

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Sometimes if you're browsing photos on a device/SD card/etc via some sort of photo gallery, or photo management software that came with a camera or something, they tend to sort them in different ways (i.e. date, size, type, etc) and sometimes not all images/videos show up. The best way to see EVERYTHING on a device or SD card is to go to my computer then browse the device that appears on there when you plug it in

bchy

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Did you every find a solution to your problem? It just happened to me last night when I moved the pictures from phone memory to SD. I see all the files moved but about half of the files are no longer viewable.

slb1985

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I just had the same problem and i found out that the phone wasnt reading where thenpictures were ao i moved them from inside the android folder to a new folder i created beside the android folder instead of inside it ... tadaa 2300 more pictures to veiw whenever i want to

martybabes

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
Reformat the SDCard to non-fat32 (eg ntfs). Put it back in the Xperia phone. Try to remount it - gets an error. Let the phone reformat it (from the messages/notifications slide down screen). Phone adds a couple of xml files which give the information needed for scanning the card. Copy your data back and remount the card and the system will rescan and your media returns.

konjinamrtva

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I have the same problem. Transfered all my images to SD Card 64 GB - than I installed Android Lollipop 5.02 and since than I lost all my photos. They are shown as present in memory, on properties picture size seems to be correct, but cannot view them not even on a PC. Just X is displayed when I want to open them in ie. IrfanView. Phone's Gallery app cannot read them either. I am very sad because I had a really valuable pictures - for last 2 years.

Anyone with same problem ?

laney13

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

omg the same thing happened to me a few days ago and ive been going bat shit crazy trying to find a way to get my pictures and videos back. I also tried to transfer all of my pictures stored into my phone onto a 64gb sd card because of low memory and I can not see them. Also I can take pictures with the memory card in but I cant play back videos once I record them with my phone. I found out where my pictures went (I think) but I don't know how to retrieve them. Somehow I think they wore formatted in to certificates that are partially viewable( meaning I can see them but I cant tap to actually make the bigger, they are thumbnail size) from my phone and I cant send them to the be viewed elsewhere. I found the certificates by
settings>security> and at the bottom theres a section that says (install from phone storage). anyways im rambling if you find a solution please let me know. btw way I have a gs4.

Shabe

Estimable
May 15, 2015
I just had this problem turned out that I had the phone plugged in and the usb connectivity mode was set to mass storage. To change this unplug the phone, go to settings, xperia connectivity settings, usb settings, change usb connection mode to MTP.

Worked for me.

Ray_Den

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Same problem just happened on my Galaxy NOTE 4. I'm almost in tears since these were vacation photos of my kids. Any solution please to recover these pics and vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.