I downloaded some movies that I bought from Amazon to the SD card on my kindle fire HD 8" and they play just fine. When I put

Mar 27, 2018
Can't play movies Amazon purchased movies on sd card in new kindle fire that were downloaded to the card in my old kindle fire.

Solution
I believe you can't transfer them. Most companies have a restriction, so you can't give them to others. You would have to redownload them directly to the new device from amazon. If they were 'rented' movies, you would have to rerent them. If they were purchased, you should see them in your Amazon account so you can redownload them. If not, contact Amazon.
I believe you can't transfer them. Most companies have a restriction, so you can't give them to others. You would have to redownload them directly to the new device from amazon. If they were 'rented' movies, you would have to rerent them. If they were purchased, you should see them in your Amazon account so you can redownload them. If not, contact Amazon.

Solution
Mar 27, 2018
I spoke to Amazon support and was told that when a movie that you purchased from them is downloaded to the sd card, there is something remains with the kindle device that doesn't allow the new kindle to recognise the files. I had to re-download the movies to a new sd card in the new kindle.