i got a zte atrium from walmart the other day and i got a 32gb sd card the max it allows it recognizes its there but i cant fi

torch85

Commendable
May 7, 2016
i got a zte atrium from walmart the other day and i got a 32gb sd card the max it allows it recognizes its there but i cant figure out how to move apps to it I go into settings storage and all that but there is no option to move my apps to the SD card my other phone was an LG and I had no problem moving most apps to the SD card is there something I'm doing wrong or not doing

Solution
You may need to root the device but first, go into Settings then More and scroll down to About Phone. Tap it seven times and you become a developer. That may open up the options to move data to the micro SD Card and to install apps on to it.

I always add that this is not a wind-up to catch you out with some witchcraft - it really does turn an ordinary device into one with developer rights.
You may need to root the device but first, go into Settings then More and scroll down to About Phone. Tap it seven times and you become a developer. That may open up the options to move data to the micro SD Card and to install apps on to it.

I always add that this is not a wind-up to catch you out with some witchcraft - it really does turn an ordinary device into one with developer rights.

Solution

Vaperkitten

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Torch85, I don't have an answer for you, I wish I did but I am wondering if you ever got an answer or got this figured out. I am having the same problem with the ZTE Obsidian, when I go to Apps in Settings there is no option to move it to SD card...not on any of the apps. I am full cannot download another item. This is my boyfriends phone, I have a ZTE Grand X3 and there is an option on every app no problem. Both phones are running the same OS version Lollipop 5.1...just hoping you found the answer and you can tell me....haha...no but really, did you ever find out? Either way I wish you all the Best......VaperKitten

If that option isn't available to you, maybe you can see the facility to move an App by tapping it in the list in Application Manager in Settings>More and choose to move it to the SdCard by tapping that button.

So many flavours of Android and so many device manufacturers with their own setup causes much confusion.

Vaperkitten

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

Thanks so much for the great advice.....it really helps