Solved! i had a trojan and i downloaded malwarebytes and hitmanpro

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
so i was wondering why my startup is so slow and fps bad so i ran windows defender and found a trojan coinminer and it got deleted but after that in a few days i was curious and ran it and it found some infected or corupted files so i was just scared and nervous but i download malwarebytes and i scaned and it quarantine some things and deleted idk if steam_api.dll was safe or not but after that i was still wonder do i still have virus and i downloaded hitmanpro and scaned and it just scaned leftovers of my old antivirus (totalav) so i was wonder if you guys can tell me if my pc is safe of trojans or not

Solution
is this a laptop? windows 10?

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
it was automaticly deleted anyways on hitmanpro i saw somthing called exptelem idk waht that is and it said it was malware and it started freezing ecerything exept my cursor pls halp me ik everthing else is clean but idk what that is

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
now when i run hitman pro it says my pc is all clean and fine so pls tell me internet people am i safe from viruses for now me will not be dumb af to clikc on random links and downloading

May 10, 2021
=

your saying is you recemend os fresh install because there might still be malware but we just dont know

what i say is backup ur data as fast as u can. dont waste time. After backing up, install a fresh copy of windows. precaution is better than cure. And though ur pc wont have virus but whenever u feel lag or someething then u gonna doubt and get stressed over it. so better download new copy!

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
what i say is backup ur data as fast as u can. dont waste time. After backing up, install a fresh copy of windows. precaution is better than cure. And though ur pc wont have virus but whenever u feel lag or someething then u gonna doubt and get stressed over it. so better download new copy!
idk how i already have a cloud backup idk how ot download new copy of windows

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
idk wat if im jsut reinstalling windows for nothing when i dont find anything cuz hitmanpro removes trojans so i think ill save this when i actually have a real problem ill take your advice and reinstall windows is that ok?

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
unknown.png

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
can we get on topic what i said so is my pc safe now and mod dont say that were not 100% sure if its safe or not ill give details faster computer and startup screen faster so i feel like im safe cuz its POSSIBLE to remove viruses like trojans cuz theres people saying u can remove it and theres this yt guy who fixed his pc after a VERY BAD VIRUS