I have a brand new pc build with a MSI a78m e-35d, I have plugged everything in correctly and the bios is running fine, when I

Alexc98

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
I have a brand new pc build with a MSI a78m e-35d motherboard I have plugged everything in correctly and the bios is running fine, I have set the boot device as my disc drive. I put in my burnt disc copy of windows 7 and it doesn't boot, ive tried everything and it still doesn't boot, is this because my motherboard doesn't work with burnt copies? Im in desperate need of advice because I don't know whether it is my motherboard or if it is the disc, thanks :)

Alexc98

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
I don't have how the disc was made or anything like that, I got the disc from my friend, the disc isnt being read by my pc so I think that it because itsb copied disc it won't work

johnnyb105

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Its probably a bad burn but with any copy of windows you will need to use a key that you paid for in order for it to install.... Have you tried to use any other media that was burnt in your reader?

Alexc98

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
Yes it's my disc drive, it won't read the burnt disc, my friend is taking my pc and is using his external disc drive to install the windows, thanks for your help guys, appreciate it !