I have a netbook, and the lord of the rings, and 30+ hours to kill

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
ok, i dont know if this is allowed to ask, so if its not, can you just delete it.

i read the rules and dont know if the "pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection" applies, because im not pirateing it, i own it, and this is fair use, and i have very little idea what this means "bypassing copyright protection"

like i said above, if this is not ok to post here, can you just delete it.

i have a netbook, i have the lord of the rings, and i have about 30+ hours of travel time in my nearish future.

no dvd drive and limited space on the netbook means that i need to rip the lord of the rings and put it on there if i want to watch it. while i have no doubt i can find a program to do this, and do it fast, what i'm looking for is a bit different.

is there a program that will rip it, encode it to h.246 to save space, and mux every thing from the subtitles (for when headphones become uncomfortable) and other extras into a .mkv because the lord of the rings itself will probably only kill 10-11 hours, but commentary, and extras may finish it all off.

i want to get things ready before i have to leave, so is there any way to do this?