I have a new LG Brand TV, Model #47LB5900 and want to connect a very inexpensive speaker and run approximately 50" to another

Solution
Ah, I see! In that case, yeah, a long enough optical cable should be all you need (am assuming the speakers have an optical input, which seems a given from the information provided). It should be just that easy, but I am by no means an expert on audio equipment so there could be some details that I am overlooking.

k9don

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014

Sorry I'm so dense on this. Can you confirm that I need a soundbar and 50' of fiber optic output cable? Everyone comes up with receivers, total sound systems. I only want to plug into the optic audio output on the tv with the other end going to a speaker 50' away. Stores sold me the RCA connections and speakers which wouldn't work. What is the least inexpensive way to do this? It's only for sound in my workshop which I thought would be easy. Thanks for you patience, I'm a geezer.

Ah, I see! In that case, yeah, a long enough optical cable should be all you need (am assuming the speakers have an optical input, which seems a given from the information provided). It should be just that easy, but I am by no means an expert on audio equipment so there could be some details that I am overlooking.

Solution