I have a slate 8" tablet and it keeps telling me it needs to be upgraded. I upgrade it but it still says to up grade and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda_87

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
When I try to down load anything or move some apps to the sim card it tells me I don't have a sims card

Solution
Well actually it would be an SD card that is needed to move things to, not a SIM card. A SIM is what you get from a carrier/service provider so you can use their service on your device.

You would have to purchase a SD card that works in your tablet (the correct physical size as well as one that is at or less than the max storage size the tablet will allow.

Once you have done that. Then to be able to move any apps over, you would have to also have your tablet running Android "Marshmallow" or be able to upgrade to it. Then follow the instructions below.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to...
Well actually it would be an SD card that is needed to move things to, not a SIM card. A SIM is what you get from a carrier/service provider so you can use their service on your device.

You would have to purchase a SD card that works in your tablet (the correct physical size as well as one that is at or less than the max storage size the tablet will allow.

Once you have done that. Then to be able to move any apps over, you would have to also have your tablet running Android "Marshmallow" or be able to upgrade to it. Then follow the instructions below.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.