i have an asus desktop pc k30ad m31ad m51ad series computer and am trying to hook it up to a tv; however, the back of the comp

BlargTheMighty

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I have an asus desktop pc k30ad m31ad m51ad series computer and am trying to hook it up to a tv; however, the back of the computer only has one hdmi port. The back of the monitor has two hdmi ports, one of them being connected to the computer. I tried to connect the monitor to the tv but nothing is happening.

Solution
It is not very clear. Are you trying to have dual monitor, one from the monitor and one from the tv? If so, the source should be directly from your desktop. If you are trying to send the signal directly from your monitor to the tv, this is not going to happen. Monitors receive the signal but not transmit it. Buy a splitter for this job.

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
It is not very clear. Are you trying to have dual monitor, one from the monitor and one from the tv? If so, the source should be directly from your desktop. If you are trying to send the signal directly from your monitor to the tv, this is not going to happen. Monitors receive the signal but not transmit it. Buy a splitter for this job.

Solution