I have been trying to download Adobe Reader,

oldboose

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
I have an Acer 7535 windows 7. I have been trying to download Adobe Reader, however it never finishes, it goes through the set up until it gets to the last install screen and it does nothing, there is nothing at all in the box it is blank, its a black box. I have tried several times to install it but no luck. I do have the Adobe flash player, but for some reason the reader will not load Can someone help me with this problem, I am unable to load PDF files at all. Thank you

Solution
I've often had problems with Adobe Reader myself. Several of those times, it was because there was an outdated version of Adobe Reader already packed with the laptops in question and a fresh install would just cause weird things to happen.

If you can't get it to install, make sure that all versions are uninstalled from Programs list in Control Panel, then go into your Program Files>Adobe and delete the "Reader" folder. Check AppData>Roaming // AppData>LocalLow and AppData>Local, and delete ALL "Reader" folders inside the "Adobe" folders. This will clear anything that may be causing problems, then you can try to reinstall. If you're still having problems, be sure that you're not denying Adobe access to the Internet when your...

draconis123

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I don't know why you're having problems but I would suggest trying foxit pdf reader. Gave up adobe and never looked back. Maybe someone else would have some insight as to why adobe reader won't install.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
I've often had problems with Adobe Reader myself. Several of those times, it was because there was an outdated version of Adobe Reader already packed with the laptops in question and a fresh install would just cause weird things to happen.

If you can't get it to install, make sure that all versions are uninstalled from Programs list in Control Panel, then go into your Program Files>Adobe and delete the "Reader" folder. Check AppData>Roaming // AppData>LocalLow and AppData>Local, and delete ALL "Reader" folders inside the "Adobe" folders. This will clear anything that may be causing problems, then you can try to reinstall. If you're still having problems, be sure that you're not denying Adobe access to the Internet when your firewall prompts you that something is trying to access files/web.

Solution