i have one old 7.1 denon av receiver with which 7 speakers are connected , i bought one new onkyo 9.2 av reciever .... i was t

drjkmotwani

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
i have one old 7.1 denon av receiver with which 7 speakers are connected , i bought one new onkyo 9.2 av reciever .... i was thinking if these two av recievers can be joined together to cater 16 speakers in a hall ? is it possible to do so ? if yes how to do so .?

Solution
You would not connect them to each other.
You would split the output of your sources and connect them to both receivers.
Since you would not want surround sound for a hall you would set each receiver to multichannel stereo so all the speakers would work. The center speaker output of each may not be needed depending on how the speakers are arranged in the hall. If you don't have subwoofers then the receivers would have to be set up correctly for that.
You would not connect them to each other.
You would split the output of your sources and connect them to both receivers.
Since you would not want surround sound for a hall you would set each receiver to multichannel stereo so all the speakers would work. The center speaker output of each may not be needed depending on how the speakers are arranged in the hall. If you don't have subwoofers then the receivers would have to be set up correctly for that.

Solution

drjkmotwani

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017

drjkmotwani

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
THANKS AMERICANAUDIOPHILE...

I AM DOING THAT ,IN FACT I HAD CONNECTED 75 INCH SAMSUNG TV'S AUDIO TO BOTH OF THE RECEIVERS........TO GET SAME AUDIO OUTPUT FROM BOTH...... HOWEVER MANY OTHER SOURCES LIKE DVD PLAYER / LAPTOPS / DONT HAVE DOUBLE AUDIO OUTLET .....
ANYWAYS ..... I HAVE ONE MORE QUERRY ..... MY 9.2 ONKYO HAVE 2 MORE PRE-OUTS .... HOW TO CONNECT THEM TO SPEAKERS ?. CURRENTLTLY THATS RUNNING WITH 7FLOOR+ 2 HEIGHT SPEAKERS .... THERE ARE TERMINALS FOR 2 ANOTHER HEIGHT SPEAKERS .... I TRIED BUT NOT SUCCESSFULL.... CAN YOU SUGGEST ME HOW TO CONNECT ..... IN ONKY'O MANUAL ITS MENTIONED TO CONNECT TO POWER AMPLIFIER .... BUT I DONOT KNOW ABOUT THAT. PLEASE ADVISE ME.