I have only one usb port in my LG LED TV. how do I add more usb ports?

Solution
Some smart TVs support USB hubs (some manufacturers even recommend using a powered hub rather than plugging things directly into the TV) but I don't know whether LG ones do.

Your bet bet might be to ask LG support if your specific model supports USB hubs, unless you happen to have (or can borrow) a hub to try with it.

It's possible that even if it supports using a hub, it may not be able to deal with having more than one storage device plugged in at a time. (So a powered hub would just be used to provide extra power to a USB hard drive that the TV couldn't supply enough power to, for example.)

birne

Estimable
May 19, 2015
If you have a usb dongle laying around you could try connectint that to the tv, hwoever i dont believe that will work since it is not a pc and dont know what to do with the dongle.
Really dont think there is anything you can do, but wait for other people to see if they have solutions.

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Some smart TVs support USB hubs (some manufacturers even recommend using a powered hub rather than plugging things directly into the TV) but I don't know whether LG ones do.

Your bet bet might be to ask LG support if your specific model supports USB hubs, unless you happen to have (or can borrow) a hub to try with it.

It's possible that even if it supports using a hub, it may not be able to deal with having more than one storage device plugged in at a time. (So a powered hub would just be used to provide extra power to a USB hard drive that the TV couldn't supply enough power to, for example.)

Solution