Tanja_10

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I have a problem with my OUTLOOK 2010 running on XP

All my emails come through as READ when I haven’t even opened them yet

I have to go and UNREAD THEM myself

And due to this I have missed some very important emails

ALSO

I often get a connection error at the bottom when there is NO CONNECTION PROBLEMS and I am up and running just fine

I usually just click on the send and receive button and it rectifies itself

My boss also tried to send me emails over the weekend and it said space exceeded and when I looked this morning I had MORE than enough space 36 GIG to be exact??

Any advice

Is this in a corporate setup? Check with your IT department about the read email issue.

The space Outlook is talking about is not your hard-drive, it's the Outlook storage. You are either using an old PST file format which has a max of 2 gig per file limitation, and tends to get corrupt a lot sooner than that. Or you are on a corporate setup with email size limitations.

If you setup your email yourself, you probably have it as a POP3 account from the sound of things, check here for a fix, last post. http://www.emailquestions.com/microsoft-exchange/2125-my-email-comes-read-outlook-when-i-use-pop3.html

Or see if the email setup will work with IMAP instead of POP3, using IMAP should clear this up, aside from the space issue.

Tanja_10

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Is this in a corporate setup? Check with your IT department about the read email issue.

NO it is not a coporate business we have just set up office and we installed all software ourselfs It is the first time in my life i have come accross this OH yes she use to have the same email address on her BB but it is no longer in use (the BB)

(often get a connection error at the bottom when there is NO CONNECTION PROBLEMS and I am up and running just fine)

My boss is getting the same problems from her home and we are NOT linked??