I live in an apartment block, there appears to be two cables in to the property and only one connected into a 3 way splitter,

Angie68

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Sorry, I don't understand! I don't want to connect to another tv, just be able to record on one channel and watch another. I've got 3 cables connected to a splitter, and one just loose that looks like it should be doing something!

you need the tv provider modem with a recorder to view on channel and in the same time record the other for the splitter the previous person who was living there could have something plug in this splitter so the signal go to each side of the output ,i suggest you contact your tv provider for what you want to do and se if you all the parts needed in your home from him .

Angie68

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Thank you for replying. I am with Sky and have a Sky Plus box, but my landlord and owner of the apartment lives abroad . All the apartments are managed by another company. I've asked for someone to come and look but they can't because we can't contact the landlord. I was hoping just to sort out myself by buying a different splitter or whatever.

Angie68

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
No'it's not the Sky Box, that's new. It's because the property is classified as single line feed but the other cable is working just not connected to the splitter

since there some service that you could have maybe the landlord did not pay for this one so you could only record and not be able to look at another channel in the same time ,try to have some help from the skybox service provider it is is something missing they could be able to tell you .