I need an opinion

The Walrus King

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
I am having a tough decision on deciding what laptop I want. It's a choice between the msi gp62, or the ASUS K501UX. I will be doing moderate gaming and some school work. Graphically intensive games I will be playing include planetside 2 warframe fallout 4 and dota. Thank you, The Walrus King. Thanks

Update: I have realised that although the cpu is different the MSI has an extra space for storage and such and that they both come with 8gigs of ram. I just wanted to throw that out there in case that it may influence the decision. Thanks Again, The Walrus King

Solution
Hi,

These 2 laptops are almost identical, the only difference they have is their Processor, Storage and RAM. The MSI laptop has both SSD and HDD, operating will be installed in SSD and most of the storage part will be in the HDD for a faster performance. The ASUS laptop only has a HDD for both storage and the OS. The MSI doesn't specify it's RAM but according to it's support site it supports up to 16GB on the other hand ASUS has 16GB already. I would go for the ASUS laptop if i'll be asked between these 2.
Hi,

These 2 laptops are almost identical, the only difference they have is their Processor, Storage and RAM. The MSI laptop has both SSD and HDD, operating will be installed in SSD and most of the storage part will be in the HDD for a faster performance. The ASUS laptop only has a HDD for both storage and the OS. The MSI doesn't specify it's RAM but according to it's support site it supports up to 16GB on the other hand ASUS has 16GB already. I would go for the ASUS laptop if i'll be asked between these 2.

Solution

rollingbarrels

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Having your OS on an SSD will give you a great perfomance boost in terms of loading times and file transfer and will make the interface feel a lot smoother. Also, the MSI one has a processor with 4 cores and 8 threads whereas the ASUS one has a processor with 2 cores and 4 threads despite it being newer. A lot of games tend to make use of at least 4 cores now, I think Fallout 4 recommends an 8 threaded CPU in its system requirements. So given the same choice, I would definitely pick the MSI laptop.