Solved! I need help to cennect a big external speaker to laptop

majestic4000

Commendable
Oct 21, 2017
Hello me and my friends wil make a small party and we want to connect a big external speaker to a laptop where we will have the songs. My question is how you do it ? The speaker has a 6.3 mm jack and an xlr connection so if I buy an adapter to 3.5 jack will it work?

Solution
If the speaker is a powered speaker it will work fine. If the output of the laptop is set too high you will hear distorted sound from the speaker. Use the speaker volume control to adjust the output level,
If the speaker is passive you will need an amplifier to go in between the laptop and speaker. Check the specs of the speaker for the recommended range of power it will need.
If the speaker is a powered speaker it will work fine. If the output of the laptop is set too high you will hear distorted sound from the speaker. Use the speaker volume control to adjust the output level,
If the speaker is passive you will need an amplifier to go in between the laptop and speaker. Check the specs of the speaker for the recommended range of power it will need.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS