I need some help choosing between some headsets

TudorNeedsSomeHelp

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hi!I need some help.I wanna buy a new headset and i got some models.HyperX Cloud 2,Logitech G35,Logitech G430,Plantronics Gamecom 788 and Asus Strix.Talking only about the mic quality,which one is better?I am whatever with the audio but i need a good mic on a headset.

Solution
You know, gaming headphones are rarely "comfortable" when compared to some mainstream headphone brands. I would go for a nice pair of Sennheiser headphones and a desk mic for chat. You end up spending a tad more, but you get better quality in both your mic and headphones in terms of quality and comfort.

Gaming headphones are all about flashy LED's and brand names. You don't need all the extra doodads they try to push off for an extra $80 on their $5 drivers.

RockyPlays

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
I have the Gamecom 780's and the mic quality was pretty good. I haven't had any experience with the others, but the Cloud II's are pretty popular. My friend had the G430's and the mic quality was not very good..

natpalmer1776

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
You know, gaming headphones are rarely "comfortable" when compared to some mainstream headphone brands. I would go for a nice pair of Sennheiser headphones and a desk mic for chat. You end up spending a tad more, but you get better quality in both your mic and headphones in terms of quality and comfort.

Gaming headphones are all about flashy LED's and brand names. You don't need all the extra doodads they try to push off for an extra $80 on their $5 drivers.

Solution

natpalmer1776

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
I'd go with something like the eBerry plug and play, or at least something similar. Ideally a free standing microphone you can point in the direction you choose. I find it more convenient than having one strapped to my head :)

LanVlam

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

G430 has an firmware update that made the mic sound a lot better. Its on the logitech site (obvious)