I need to connect my HP computer to MY Vizio V552vle do I need to have it connected to both HDMI2 and RGB

rebeccahayden025

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I have a Vizio smart tv v522vle and it is connected to my Hewlett Packard elite 7000 computer by HDMI 2 and have lost the sound when streaming Do I also need to have the HP tower to the RGB as well too get sound when streaming. I have all the software updates from HP and Vizio as well as checking all the sound settings and also have all the volume turned up.

Solution
First we have to figure out which end of the HDMI is the issue. Have you tried another device on HDMI2 (DVD player) to verify that the TV will play audio from HDMI 2?

If so, then you need to check the sound output settings on the PC and ensure that the TV is selected as the audio output device in the control panel.

kanewolf

Judicious
First we have to figure out which end of the HDMI is the issue. Have you tried another device on HDMI2 (DVD player) to verify that the TV will play audio from HDMI 2?

If so, then you need to check the sound output settings on the PC and ensure that the TV is selected as the audio output device in the control panel.

Solution