I need to connect up a Panasonic 40" tv to a Panasonic dvd player and a denon amplifier/ tuner

collyn830

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
My Panasonic TV is new with HDMI connections only. My Panasonic dvd player has one HDMI connection plus obsolete scart connections. My Denon is connected to my dvd via my dvd HDMI on the Denon. How do I connect my new Panasonic TV to one or the other ?Thank you. Colin

Solution
Connect the DVD HDMI to any of the receiver HDMI inputs.
Connect the receiver HDMI out to the TV.
Connect the audio output of the TV to the receiver to get sound from the TV tuner to the receiver. Optical audio would be the most likely connection but it depends on the TV model which we can't guess.
Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to turn on and configure these connections.
Without model numbers we can't check what connections you have available.
Sounds like your Denon has HDMI inputs. It will also have an HDMI output which would go to the TV.
If the Denon supports HDMI-ARC then that HDMI connection will both send picture from sources connected to receiver to the TV and sound from the TV back to the Denon. Check the TV manual on how to use the ARC connection. You need to have it in both the TV and Denon.
If you don't have ARC then you would connect the optical audio out of the TV to the Denon. Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to set that up.

collyn830

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
My Panasonic DVD only has one HDMI, and is connected to my Denon DVD HDMI socket. My Panasonic TV has an HDMI socket, and my Denon has three more HDMI sockets,( Sat/Cbl - DVR - Vaux ) so which one do I put my TV HDMI cable in ? Confused? Colin

Connect the DVD HDMI to any of the receiver HDMI inputs.
Connect the receiver HDMI out to the TV.
Connect the audio output of the TV to the receiver to get sound from the TV tuner to the receiver. Optical audio would be the most likely connection but it depends on the TV model which we can't guess.
Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to turn on and configure these connections.

Solution