I only have 2-channel and I need 1-channel audio. Behringer UM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2018
I have the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 Audio Interface but I need 1-channel not 2-channel and I downloaded the driver for it and it only has 2-channel. Know how to get 1-channel? I use the mic for just gaming and talking with people on Discord so I wouldn't be using Sound Editor applications. I just need 1-channel in GENERAL NOT 2-channel! Any help? I run Windows 10 FYI.

http://prntscr.com/lbbeg0

**i do not need a program! I am looking to just set the channel to 1-channel for general use of being in discord and using nvidia shadowplay for "instant replays". I don't need to make videos etc. so I am just looking to make the default to 1-channel not 2-channel.**

Solution
Just created this account because recently i got one of those and i had the same problem, but i've found a "fix".
When i first plugged it in, the interface worked right away, only after installing the proper drivers i began to have this problem, and it took me a while to notice that. So how did i "solved it":

-First, uninstall the drivers that you got on that video. The interface's lights will probably turn off after that, and the mic will stop working.

-Reboot your computer

Now you will notice that the interface will still appear to be off, thats because there are no drivers installed.

-Now to make it work again, open up the device manager and try to find the Behringer device (It might be under USB) (It might also jut be named as...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ripen.fortnite : "I only have 2-channel and I need 1-channel audio. Behringer UM2"

Oct 28, 2018

Yes that is the one. I got the driver off YouTube with the EXACT Model as this/mine. But it only says 2-Channel. I am only using an XLR into the single XLR Input and Output of the Mic.

If you have any idea on what Driver I need, if you could please send me it that would be awesome!

Dec 12, 2018
Just created this account because recently i got one of those and i had the same problem, but i've found a "fix".
When i first plugged it in, the interface worked right away, only after installing the proper drivers i began to have this problem, and it took me a while to notice that. So how did i "solved it":

-First, uninstall the drivers that you got on that video. The interface's lights will probably turn off after that, and the mic will stop working.

-Reboot your computer

Now you will notice that the interface will still appear to be off, thats because there are no drivers installed.

-Now to make it work again, open up the device manager and try to find the Behringer device (It might be under USB) (It might also jut be named as "USB Audio CODEC" or "BEHRINGER USB AUDIO 2.8.40")

-Right click on it, and select update driver.

-Choose to search for the software on your computer

-Now go on the list of available drivers in your computer and select USB Composite Device

Now the audio interface will most likely lit up again and it should be working again.

If you choose to search it online, or select the proper Behringer driver you'll just end up with the same result.

If none of this worked out, you can just reinstall the previous driver that you' ve downloaded.

PS: I'm using Windows in Portuguese, so i tried to translate where you should go but the names will probably be a bit off, so just try to go to whatever thing is closest to what i've said.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.