I opened now My new Toshiba Satellite and the monitor is Black: I just see the mouse's arrow.

Odette Araujo

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
I opened now My new Toshiba Satellite and the monitor is Black: I just see the mouse's arrow. So I tough it will be good to turn off and restar it. the thing is Im not sure it is shutting down because the pilot light carry on intermittent lookink like is not turned off. So, now I have 2 problems: I have no displat and I dont no how to be sure that the syatem is turning off to make a resart trying to correct tha problem. This laptop was buyeda t July, it came with a problem on cd drive, so i sent it back to portugal to be assisted and i turned it On for 5/6 times. I was already suspicious of something because i allways foind it without batery wich make me think now that it never shut off.
My goodness, what can I do. Any help?

Odette

Solution
Unplug the laptop, then hold down the power button for approx 3-5 seconds. This should "crash" the computer, allowing it to turn off. If the lights stay on, simply remove the battery from the machine for a few seconds, then put it back in. If the machine rebooting doesn't fix the issue, you'll need to contact Toshiba and figure out if you should send it back for a replacement.

If you've had several issues with the same machine, simply disagree with any repairs they say they're willing to give you and demand a new machine be sent to you as replacement for the one that's broken. It's quite apparent that the machine in question is just a defective one.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Unplug the laptop, then hold down the power button for approx 3-5 seconds. This should "crash" the computer, allowing it to turn off. If the lights stay on, simply remove the battery from the machine for a few seconds, then put it back in. If the machine rebooting doesn't fix the issue, you'll need to contact Toshiba and figure out if you should send it back for a replacement.

If you've had several issues with the same machine, simply disagree with any repairs they say they're willing to give you and demand a new machine be sent to you as replacement for the one that's broken. It's quite apparent that the machine in question is just a defective one.

Solution