I ran a norton virus root kit to remove virus Boot.Cidox and it had me restart my computer. When it came back on I got a messa

Lacerna77

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
After installing a Norton root kit virus remover for Boot.Cidox. I restarted my laptop and the message, "missing operating system" came up. I can access F2 and F10 for Vaio Care Rescue. I do not have discs to install. How can I fix my Sony Vaio Windows 7 Bios version R0180z9??? Please help!

Solution
You just need any installation CD of Windows 7 and any make of it. (Ex. Win7 Professional and Win7 Ultimate, they both'll REPAIR your computer doing the same task but will INSTALL different versions...) So, it's hard to tell what to do from here and typing... if we're on videochat maybe I could help you.... Still, good luck :)

Repair Disks never worked out for me but may work for you! :D

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Hahahaha...... I am using my awesome desktop for about 3 Years without an antivirus and I never had any problem even after I surfed to virus sites. I prefer never to install an antivirus because according to me, it creates more problems than solving them. So, you must find a way to browse your HDD and to recover your laptop files. Get another small 250GB HDD Installed into your laptop. Then, temporarily install a copy of pirated windows onto your new HDD and see the old HDD and make a backup of important files, then visit the customer care for your laptop and get a new copy of Windows installed on your PC. Now replace all old inportant files you had and your computer is good as new If you had a desktop I could greatly help you.

Lacerna77

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
You just need any installation CD of Windows 7 and any make of it. (Ex. Win7 Professional and Win7 Ultimate, they both'll REPAIR your computer doing the same task but will INSTALL different versions...) So, it's hard to tell what to do from here and typing... if we're on videochat maybe I could help you.... Still, good luck :)

Repair Disks never worked out for me but may work for you! :D

Solution