I sold someone a virtual item for 25 euro via Paypal .

cristy06

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
He filled in an " unauthorized transaction " dispute and now I have a negative balance . Will I be fine if I don't pay it back ? Thanks in advance .I have no credit card or anything like that attached to my account . Will I be fine if I don't pay it back ? Thanks in advance .

NBSN

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
You will have to contest him through PayPal...otherwise you will be out the money. Either way you may be out the money and/or get negative action against your account. Its pretty stupid how people do that for a living...they scam others and keep or resell the items after claiming issues like that. Which is why it is generally better to deal on eBay with PayPal so that you have some extra protection and prevent people that don't have a certain good level of stars and feedback from purchasing your items. BTW I don't even think that eBay allows digital items officially anyway.

The best bet is to contact PayPal and see what you can do for your options.

cristy06

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014

What do you mean " out the money " ?

NBSN

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
Sometimes if you sell an item using paypal, then that person makes a claim against the transaction, paypal may make you refund the person, other times they may refund the person themselves, or let the transaction stand...it all depends. You would need to contact them to see what would happen.

By out the money...I am saying that there is a chance that paypal may end up deciding that you owe the person the money...and since it is a digital item, you would not be able to get it back(the person would claim they did not get it because someone else accessed their account or some bull crap like that).

Ijack

Distinguished
If you don't pay the outstanding balance you won't be able to use PayPal any longer. I doubt that they would take legal action against you for 25 euros, but it will go down on your credit reports and make life much more difficult for you in the future. Do you think a bank, or any other financial institution, would give a loan to someone with unpaid debts on their credit record?

Be pragmatic and clear the debt; it's not worth the hassle for just 25 euros. If you have concrete evidence that you supplied the article to the person in question (difficult to prove with a digital item) you could fight the case with PayPal but you're unlikely to win.

cristy06

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014

You do not understand . There is NO real information on my Paypal account . I simply made it for this deal alone , and I've already used the money . I couldn't care less about using Paypal or this account again .

Ijack

Distinguished
If you have faith in your ability to hide your identity (IP address and the like) from PayPal, and you didn't include any details of your bank when you set up the account then I guess you might get aways with it. But if you are just going to ignore your debts, and are sure that you are going to get away with it, why are you asking the question here?

How did you get the money out of PayPal without a bank account, address, or any other identification?