I think a virus might be stopping me running/installing antivirus programs

heyhellfire728

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hi! As the title says, my Dell XPS recently ran into some issues. I was unable to run any .exe files and following previous threads installed some programs such as rkill, adwcleaner, TDSSkiller, combofix etc. I also ran sfc /scannow in cmd in safe mode and it was unable to fix a few issues. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, and am now unable to open most applications, such as word or excel as they crash almost instantly. I was able to run TDSSKiller, however adwcleaner did not run the whole way through and rather encountered an error message and stopped running, before crashing. With other exe files, such as malwarebytes and combofix, when I run, either as non-admin or as admininstrator it simply comes with a loading spinny wheel icon before disappearing. In task manager the files come as running for a few seconds before disappearing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Also, I was able to install and run malwarebyte chameleon, but when it finished downloaded and was about to run malwarebytes-setup, it came up with an error message saying "Access violation at address 748BAE90. Write of address FE75A20E" or something very similar. Thanks"

Solution
Your running windows enterprise for what reason?
It might be; seemingly to me, looks like a hardware failure of your hard drive is imminent.
From another system, download a antivirus rescue center cd (most companies have a free download) reboot your "computer" and boot from the cd created and run antivirus. This process will bypass your OS and possible DLL corrupted files.
report back
Your running windows enterprise for what reason?
It might be; seemingly to me, looks like a hardware failure of your hard drive is imminent.
From another system, download a antivirus rescue center cd (most companies have a free download) reboot your "computer" and boot from the cd created and run antivirus. This process will bypass your OS and possible DLL corrupted files.
report back

Solution

TRENDING THREADS