I want a quad core laptop in the Hp Envy 17 range - what to consider?

FZ1sa2008sa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hello all out there, I am looking at the Hp Envy 17 range with powerful quad core i7 processor?
What would you suggest to go for?
I am Not an avid gamer!
I however plan to use as a desktop, crunching numbers video editing, dtp, rendering etc...
I do not mind a touch screen if it matters not and prefer the gloss type screen (Me) the of course min 1tb hd max 2tb and ssd could well be in the equasion if not std?
I am looking for reliability, excellent power, good quality screen / res min 1920 x 1080P, good looks, the black / silver, black / ally finish all contrast well enough?
1st choice is Hp Envy 17.3 then Asus, Tosh, who else?
realistically for a decent 2nd user unit 4/5 £££ hunred but must be minto?
What are the suggestions please?

Solution
The HP Envy 17 is the only laptop I have seen with the quad core i7 6700HQ but with no discrete video card. That makes it several hundred USD cheaper than the ones that come with the 960M. It would probably be a good choice for your uses. It's definitely the cheapest way to get a quad core mobile i7.

CTurbo

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
The HP Envy 17 is the only laptop I have seen with the quad core i7 6700HQ but with no discrete video card. That makes it several hundred USD cheaper than the ones that come with the 960M. It would probably be a good choice for your uses. It's definitely the cheapest way to get a quad core mobile i7.

Solution