I want to know what to look for on motherboards for Skylake 1151 for improved sound both integrated and add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbander

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Thats about it , is there , for instance, a list of reviews on motherboard for their sound quality. What do I have to consider on a build for sound quality. I already built a great speaker system. Thats already done and I'm amazed at the sound it produces but if there is something that will make me more amazed .I want to know about it before I start my next built.
I'm hoping that integrated sound has come far enough that it can be integrated in the system I build but if not I would like to know. Thanks everyone.

joex444

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Current generation ALC1150 integrated sound is generally as high end as you can get with SnR over 110dB. Some manufacturers will claim to put shielding or separate audio tracks on the board. You'd need to look specifically into those motherboards and read reviews to see if they address that by comparing it to an unshielded or traditional integrated sound chip. To put it another way, the SnR rivals that of CDs, due to their 16-bit depth, and are a great pair for 24-bit HD audio.

Jbander

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Other then looking at dacs, I'm not into spending that kind of money on any outboard AV sound processor that I could look up on the Internet. Way beyond my budget. My total cost will be way lower then the outboard AV sound processor I looked at . I do appreciate your response though.

Jbander

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011

Jbander

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Joex , Even the integrated sound card on mine isn't producing any hissing . The shielding must be Ok on My computer now. A dac would be possible if after my choice of motherboard causes any unwanted sound problem. Is it correct that is all the Dac does , doesn't improve the sound unless the integrated sound card is not filtered or shielded well? It.s just to take the Digital to analog outside of the electric components in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.