i want to transfer my vhs movies to dvd disc using a zenith 4 head vhs recorder/player to a toshiba dvd recorder/player but MY

orioin1919

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
I am at odds with myself..i am trying to connect a vhs recorder/player to a dvd recorder/player so I may transfer vhs material to dvd format..i'm using a zenith vhs machine model VRA422,and a Toshiba dvd machine model DR430ku..and the Tv model 43LH5000 an LG video device..i am thinking that the tv doen't have enough input/output jacks to accommodate the above described devices...I have all the cables,red white yellow and green red blue.also hdmi cable..what eles do I need?
thanks for your help!

Solution
Hello there. Your TV has enough cables for sure. ^^

The setup is simple:
Zenith VCR (RCA Yellow/white red out) ---> Yellow /White/Red cable ---> Toshiba DVD Recorder
The Yellow wire goes into VIDEO IN of the Toshiba DVD. The RED/WHITE cables go to AUDIO IN (L1)

Then:
Toshiba DVD Recorder (HDMI out) -> HDMI Cable -> LG 43LH5000

The Toshiba has to be set at L1 to see the picture from the VCR. And the LG has to be set to the correct HDMI input. This will allow you to view or record the VCR cassettes on your LG TV using the DVD recorder.

Of course, some cassettes are copyright protected and may not be recordable. Try with multiple cassettes if you have issues initially.
Hello there. Your TV has enough cables for sure. ^^

The setup is simple:
Zenith VCR (RCA Yellow/white red out) ---> Yellow /White/Red cable ---> Toshiba DVD Recorder
The Yellow wire goes into VIDEO IN of the Toshiba DVD. The RED/WHITE cables go to AUDIO IN (L1)

Then:
Toshiba DVD Recorder (HDMI out) -> HDMI Cable -> LG 43LH5000

The Toshiba has to be set at L1 to see the picture from the VCR. And the LG has to be set to the correct HDMI input. This will allow you to view or record the VCR cassettes on your LG TV using the DVD recorder.

Of course, some cassettes are copyright protected and may not be recordable. Try with multiple cassettes if you have issues initially.

Solution