I want to upgrade my laptops graphics card??

mutluturk

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
I have a TOSHIBA Qosmio X875-Q7390. Its graphics card which is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 dedicated has broken down. Since I need to replace it, I'd like to upgrade it. To GeForce GTX 760M. Or even maybe to GeForce GTX 850M. What do you say? Can I?

Solution
that should have said didn't found any parts/service manual.

system board is going to be even tougher as it have to fit inside the laptop.

mutluturk

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

even if it was soldered in, they need to be replaced when they broken down right? I mean when that happens are we going to replace the whole motherboard?

rgd1101

Don't
You need to check the system board. Didn't found any parts/service manual for that toshiba model. So unless someone successfully upgrade to another model, I wouldn't waste my money for a different model, although it does use the MXM, so you could replace it with the same model

mutluturk

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

okey makes sense. laptop is at the service, i am gonna see it soon as it's dissembled. I am gonna check if anybody ever did a upgrade. Do you think i can replace it with the motherboard? cause motherboards look cheap next GPUs. I can choose a motherboard which is compatible with my current CPU and prospective GPU. how does that sound?

mutluturk

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

ok thanks. I got it. looks like my idea is practically impossible. Thanks for the help. I appreciate.

hivort

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

You are not crazy. These gpu of qosmio x875 is not soldered to the motherboard it uses a mxm 3.0b standard slot. That doesn't mean though that you can stick whatever mxm3 gpu in it. Mine came with a 680m, so at the very least this update should be possible. I am trying to figure right the compatibility with newer versions