IBM Stinkpad x32 - blank screen.

deadfish

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I was able to confirm via a series of beeps that everything is receiving power, and properly.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht037239
I removed and reset the memory, and HD. I fully charged the battery and also have tried while plugged into the wall:

But yet I still get absolutely nothing on the screen during boot.

The only thing I have not checked is system board.
What exactly do they mean by this... that the motherboard somehow got loose?

Is there some kind of function key failure on this laptop. I have mashed the brighten and dim via the function key combo but I dont think those work until the OS (wix xp) loads.
Any advice on getting my screen back to working order?

Solution
If there is a black screen all the time, it typically means that either the screen's backlight has blown, or the screen's inverter board has failed,

Both can be replaced fairly easily by a competent person who knows what they are doing and knows how to remove/replace the failed part without breaking anything.
If there is a black screen all the time, it typically means that either the screen's backlight has blown, or the screen's inverter board has failed,

Both can be replaced fairly easily by a competent person who knows what they are doing and knows how to remove/replace the failed part without breaking anything.

Solution