ibm thinkpad is dead!

bowdennis

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Yesterday morning i tried to boot up my IBM thinkpad R51. Sadly, it didn't do anything, i have tried removing the battery and other tricks. I also tried pressing the power button 10 times and held for 30 seconds, after i do that the battery light flashes really fast and clicks! Please help me!!!

Solution
That's a pretty old laptop, a fast flashing battery light equals a dead battery. Clicking could be from the hard drive, or an issue with the power or motherboard.

I would not really bother trying to fix it, for about $100-200 you can bet a much faster newer used laptop. The Lenovo T410 with the i5 CPU should be about $200 or less.

XaveT

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
How long has it been since you used the computer? The battery may hold zero charge if it's been some time. If you unplug the battery, plug in the power, and try it then, does it work?

It almost sounds like something is inside it. Do you have the patience to take it apart?

That's a pretty old laptop, a fast flashing battery light equals a dead battery. Clicking could be from the hard drive, or an issue with the power or motherboard.

I would not really bother trying to fix it, for about $100-200 you can bet a much faster newer used laptop. The Lenovo T410 with the i5 CPU should be about $200 or less.

Solution