If I buy a laptop from Canada, can I use it in India straight away or I need to have a special AC adapter for main power suppl

Sim_1952

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
I intend to buy a Laptop from Canada. Since the main power supply in Canada is 110 volts and here in India it is 240 volts I have a doubt whether I need to buy a special AC adapter to charge the battery and run the Laptop!!
Thanking you

Solution
Most (but not all) laptop power supplies accept a wide range of voltages (100-240). You can see right on the brick part of the power cord exactly what input voltage is acceptable.
If the included power supply doesn't support 240v, you can just buy the power supply locally that does. Get one that has the same sort of plug that goes into the laptop and that has the same output voltage and the same or greater output amperage.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
Most (but not all) laptop power supplies accept a wide range of voltages (100-240). You can see right on the brick part of the power cord exactly what input voltage is acceptable.
If the included power supply doesn't support 240v, you can just buy the power supply locally that does. Get one that has the same sort of plug that goes into the laptop and that has the same output voltage and the same or greater output amperage.

Solution