I'm can't my newer Eagles Albums to Play on my flash drive in my car I can copy a CD and it plays but not on the FD

Your car maker discriminating against the Eagles? UNLIKELY. Did you buy DMR'ed stuff? using same ripper, ripping same way as before? Fess up, your old ripped media works in this car correct? Your car stereo may have "issues" "picky" on CDR media used, try burning less than max speed.

Starship459

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

Starship459

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Thanks but I'm doing all exactly the same. I'm thinking maybe the eagles did this so they're music can't be shared so easily. I have other new things that play fine. It's only the two newest Eagles that won't play. They are on the FD but my USB doesn't even recognize they're there.

Andrea724

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
If you have an older unit in your car....did you maybe put them on your flash drive as different types of files? I don't know a lot about these things but, I've learned by the mistakes I've made. I can burn tons of songs on a disk as a Data cd. They'll play in my car as it's newer formatted I guess (flash drive, etc). Will not play on older cd players. Recently I transferred songs as mp4s. I figured wth-sound better right? Somehow like 20 songs saved as videos. It took a week for me to figure out why. (Work, busy, blah blah) Just remove them from your flash drive & re do. Start fresh. Evidently there's something wrong or it would work. My guess it's the format, type of file???

Starship459

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

Starship459

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Hi thanks for the input. Everything is new. I put my music on a flash drive. I've found the drives formatted to fat32 play in most cars with a USB. I think you can format a FD up to 64gb with the fat32 format. I currently have several drives with various amounts of my music on them. I've tried five different drives with the two Eagles albums, "Long Road to Eden" and their box set, all the other albums play fine. I put them on my phone and they play from there. I just like the flash drives because I can scan them right from my car stereo system. My iPhone actually has a little better sound but I like the FD's like I said, one for playback and second I can just give someone the music if I choose.
Thank you if you think of anything else I'd appreciate it
Chuck

Andrea724

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Your welcome. I always have weird things happen, Lol. I love the flash drives too. So convenient! Just found mini & other portable speakers that play them too. Bought 3 mini flash drive speakers for gifts like you said. Can't get any of the 3 to charge!?! Posted questions on Amazon & people were trying to help me. They're defective, will not charge. Did you know they make mini flash drives too? So cool. I've actually ruined a couple regular flash drives, (being longer, they stick out) bumped them, they were bent. Have you asked the place were you bought your phone for any input? If I get what your saying. Sometimes T-Mobile store has helped me....

Andrea724

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Or how about where you bought flash drives, if possible. Yes, I like to play Detective. Those younger people at Walmart Electronics or Best Buy are sometimes very nice & knowledgeable. Ha ha hate to say younger I'm only 51.