I'm getting no sound from my DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I have a element flat screen tv, and I have a Sony DVD player. I finally figured out why I wasn't getting any signal till this morning. I fixed that problem, but now I have a new problem that I am getting no sound when I put a disc in my DVD player. Also when I was asked to setup the DVD player could have I selected the wrong thing? I don't know what I did wrong? Help please.

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

It's not that. I have perfect sound on my roku when I am watching Netflix. It's not my tv sound. What else could it be ?

plaintuts

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Let me rephrase that.

Some tv's identify dvd players as hi-fi or component system with their own speakers, sound is directed to use the dvd player speakers

Check in the TV settings on the audio tab

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

I went to audio settings on my tv settings, and I don't know what I'm looking for?

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

I have a SPDIF type what does that mean?

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

I've played with the DVD player menu for audio, and I've tried tv settings with the audio still no sound! Is the DVD player not working? I have picture with no sound.

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

I understand that you're not familiar with every tv or DVD player. Though I changed the SPDIF and still no sound. I've tried everything. I maybe going to Walmart, and I'll ask someone there too for help as well. I'm getting frustrated.

Thank you

Janet5656

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I know this is a few months on but I had same problem. Solved by removing ALL connections to HDMI ports (sky box, apple TV etc.). Switch off TV and DVD player then connect DVD ONLY to HDMI port. Turn on TV and DVD. Should then play with sound. Then reconnect any other HDMI cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.