im so confused what is Intel HD graphics and what is GTX960M?

commando60

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
hi everyone, i have this ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71 with a GTX 960M. it comes with a INTEL HD GRAPHIC 530 and GTX 960. What is the HD GRAPHIC 530? do I use it with my GTX960M? how do I switch back to my GTX960M? I am like really confused??? (sorry I barely use computers!)

Solution
That is the graphics controller that is included on your motherboard. It uses system RAM from your m/b, thus not requiring a dedicated video card like the GTX 960M. Depending on how much RAM you have on the m/b will affect how much using the Intel HD chip set will affect overall system performance. The more RAM you have the less of an impact the Intel HD will have on your PC. In most cases, use the dedicated board (in this case, the GTX 960) for better performance. Almost every video card has dedicated RAM so it doesn't take away from system RAM.

netyoda

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
That is the graphics controller that is included on your motherboard. It uses system RAM from your m/b, thus not requiring a dedicated video card like the GTX 960M. Depending on how much RAM you have on the m/b will affect how much using the Intel HD chip set will affect overall system performance. The more RAM you have the less of an impact the Intel HD will have on your PC. In most cases, use the dedicated board (in this case, the GTX 960) for better performance. Almost every video card has dedicated RAM so it doesn't take away from system RAM.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS