I'm wondering if surround sound will work with these devices how I want them to.

Nick Albertson

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Hey there guys, so I currently have a Vizio smart TV, and I was considering getting the VIZIO S5451w-C2 5.1 surround sound system. I want to use the surround sound while playing my Xbox One and Wii U, and I want to watch TV from my Comcast HD cable box. All of these are connected with HDMI cables, and I think I'm going to need an HDMI switch, but if I set this up properly will I be able to use all of these devices with surround sound?

if your tv supports ARC (audio return channel) you may be able to leave your sources connected to the tv and use this function instead of using a switch, provided you have enough hdmi ports. this would be the most convenient way (if your tv supports it). otherwise, a hdmi switch would likely work for how you're thinking of hooking it up.

it seems that you're interested in the whole system being wireless.. though if you did not care about wires i'd just like to mention some of the best performing sets for the money: the energy take classic 5.1 and knock-off the monoprice 10565 which you can pair with a cheap receiver unit. while not wireless and a little more bulky it may be worth considering (your choice).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
O Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 3