benedict_raynes

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Well I have a CF (CompactFlash) card full of my important photos.

I can view them within my camera (Sony Alpha 300), and not only the thumbs - the full images are readable with no artifacts - but after transferring to PC by usb, most of the images get broken.

What is more, recovery programs (event TestDisk/ Photorec, Zar X, etc.) are unable to read them at all.

How can it be? How can I get them to work outside of the camera as well?
Tried multiple computers, cables, external cf reader - the problem is within the card for sure, but the sony is able to get around it, somehow....

PS. When doing the photos, I occasionally got an error in my camera (once every 50 photos, or so) and these particular ones are also broken there, but i can just move forward to see the next one, and the others work. Once transferred to pc, only the first batch of photos work, and when it gets to reading the first broken one, it breaks all others as well. At least that's how it seems.

Help, please! :)

benedict_raynes

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Yeah, i tried Recuva as well - didn't help at all. All the recovery programs i tried were only able to "fix" the images that were already working.

I _can_ copy all the images from the card to pc, but when i do - most of them is just some garbage - only 50 first are ok, then a big chunk of them isn't (they all show up as broken jpgs, but all have a reasonable file size), and about the last 50 are also ok.