Insignia sound bar not compatible with samsung smart tv

adk john

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
My samsung smart TV will not play through the insignia soundbar. I have to use the TV internal speakers and mute the soundbar. Using the soundbar gives a loud clacking noise. Ever run into this before?

adk john

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

The problem is a bit more complicated. It's connected correctly. The sound bar works O.K. for the TV, but it's a Smart TV and when I try to play Netflix, for example, the sound bar has a loud clacking like noise, definitely not he sound of the show being played. If I switch back to the internal TV speakers for Netflix it's O.K., but it won't play through the soundbar for some reason. Perhaps the incompatibility lies in the audio format coming from Netflix? (But it works fine when played on the internal speakers?)

Any other advice?

Todd_31

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I have exactly the same problem with a brand new Samsung Smart TV and a brand new Insignia Soundbar. The problem only occurs when listening to Netflix streaming into the smart TV. It does not happen with any other kind of program I watch on the TV. They are connected via a digital cable. Does anyone have a solution to this? The sound bar is useless for Netflix.

Jagadish_3

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
I had the same problem,

Go to Settings>Sound>Expert Settings
Change Audio Format to "PCM"
This should resolve the issue with that clacking sound on the insignia sound bar.

c.place

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
I've just bought a New Samsung UHD Tv. UE50MU6120 and my Hitachi soundbar plays a whistling tune when connected to it. Didn't do it before and doesn't do on any other tv or set, only the new tv but does it on any channel or station.
Are Samsung actively crippling other manufactures products???

m.devlin.22

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

Oh my word finally someone else! I just purchased a new Samsung UHD smart tv and as soon as i connected it to my Hitachi soundbar via optical cable it began to play a weird whistling/ beeping tune. No amount of setting changing makes a difference. Furthermore, there's very little information about this problem online. Have you found a solution? My tv sound plays through the soundbar, but during quiet moments the beeping tune is still playing.

c.place

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017

c.place

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Hi I couldn’t find any solution and I’ve basically given up. Might see if I can sell the Hitachi Soundbar and get maybe a Samsung one, but I’m not interested in paying their full price.
What a strange tune it plays!!

Feb 15, 2018

I have not had any issue with my Insignia sound bar playing regular TV. Last night I switched the TV to Netflix and the soundbar started a popping sound. I switched the TV to use the internal speakers and the sound bar continued to make the popping sound. Now, the TV will not even play through the soundbar. It pops all the time. Any idea on how to get the soundbar to work with the TV like it did before?