Solved! Inspiron laptop broken fan

ankit16

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
So yesterday i was rendering a scene in blender and the fans were at max. Suddenly one of the fans started making a very loud grinding noise which ended with loud bang and one of the fans stopped completely. I opened to see some blades have broken from the same fan. My question is does this really happen?

Solution
It happened to you so it happens. Probably the fan went out of alignment which caused the blades to hit the sides which was that loud bang you heard. I can't remember seeing a fan break off it's blades myself but when I hear bad noises from the fans I tend to turn off the system so it won't be running long with a bad fan.
It happened to you so it happens. Probably the fan went out of alignment which caused the blades to hit the sides which was that loud bang you heard. I can't remember seeing a fan break off it's blades myself but when I hear bad noises from the fans I tend to turn off the system so it won't be running long with a bad fan.

Reactions: ankit16
Solution

ankit16

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016

Thanks for the info.