install Windows 7 on Brand-new asus model # GL702V Windows 10 laptop?

skierskiers

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
I keep getting an error message when I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a brand-new laptop Asus GL702V. Their message is 0x8007000b, it always occurs at the installation point of erasing the partitions. No matter how I try to get instructions on how to erase the error message the instructions are always for a different laptop model and not mine. Can anyone help? I am disabled and I cannot get the money to replace all my equipment plus I have documents that only run on Windows seven. Please help?

Solution
I'd like to know too. I've not found any kind of document that would run or be recognized in Windows 7 that wouldn't work in Windows 10. I've only seen a very few applications as well that if they didn't work in 10 at the beginning, don't by now either.

AFAIK, if it worked in 7, it works in 10. There might be a few exceptions, but very few, and I've not encountered them. Even then, it's most probably only a recognition or resolution (DPI scaling) issue in the application itself, not inherently a lack of being able to actually be USED in Win10. Plus, if it doesn't work natively, it generally will if run as an administrator in compatibility mode. I'm interested in what he has that's so singular that nobody else has encountered it in the...

skierskiers

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

asus came with Windows 10. I have come so close to getting the partitions removed and then it freezes. Checking on other Windows 10 asus laptops not the same model though they tell me to disable the command and I have not tried that. I just do not have the money as a disabled person to replace all software that I use and the documents on storage units that do not work well on Windows 10. Today's been a frustrating day because my speech recognition which is Nuance Dragon naturally speaking professional 13 is not working as it should be.

Yet to be congratulated you are the first person from the website to respond to my dilemma. This is a background the company to dictate the operating system is not allowed to be changed is violating the international human rights, in a nation's human rights, United States First Amendment and their human rights, the Canadian human rights Law, United Kingdom human rights and Constitution. The CEO and directors are stuck in cement that Windows 10 is the best and do not see the other factors.

Thank you for your response and look forward to whatever you could find for me if you are unable just to worry about it it is a challenging problem. Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

I'd like to know too. I've not found any kind of document that would run or be recognized in Windows 7 that wouldn't work in Windows 10. I've only seen a very few applications as well that if they didn't work in 10 at the beginning, don't by now either.

AFAIK, if it worked in 7, it works in 10. There might be a few exceptions, but very few, and I've not encountered them. Even then, it's most probably only a recognition or resolution (DPI scaling) issue in the application itself, not inherently a lack of being able to actually be USED in Win10. Plus, if it doesn't work natively, it generally will if run as an administrator in compatibility mode. I'm interested in what he has that's so singular that nobody else has encountered it in the last two years.

Solution

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Unfortunately, your new laptop may not be totally backward compatible with Windows 7. I remember that there were issues 1 to 2 years ago installing Win 7 on new hardware. I believe it was an issue with the drivers built into the EUFI/BIOS and if it supports booting off of a USB thumb drive that had a Win 7 image/iso. As noted by other posts, the programs that you used on Win 7, should work OK in compatibility mode in Win 10. I'd suggest that you do a clean install of Win 10 at this point. Also, review the programs that you use regularly and see if there's a new version that is better for Win 10. Contact the software company directly and explain your situation. They may be willing to give you a free upgrade or one at very reduced cost.