gradstudent00

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Hello,

I am getting a new computer with two harddrives. I was wondering if the speed/boot up time of my computer will slow down once I install the following software to the 2nd harddrive:

Microsoft office, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008, and etc.

From my experience in the past, computer systems tend to run faster with less software. However, with a gaming rig using i7 processor, will I be experiencing slow down when installing the above software?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks, let me know if I need to post system specs.

Solution
Computers will slow down over time as the OS registry builds up and processes running in the background using system resources. Installing those programs will not make any difference to your user experience with your computer.

rolli59

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
Computers will slow down over time as the OS registry builds up and processes running in the background using system resources. Installing those programs will not make any difference to your user experience with your computer.

Solution

gradstudent00

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Any recommendations to which registry cleaner I should use? I see that some are free on the web, but I believe others I can purchase. Regardless, I just want to use one that is well known and doesn't include bloatware/spyware. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.