Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I dont know if this is the correct category .

I need help with my laptop which is an Insys G.Force M761 , the problem with it is that is really slow
at first I though it was just full and it just needed to be formated but that didnt work so I tough that maybe it would be the hard drive , recently I got a new hard drive I putted Windows 7 64bits but still its really slow , by slow I mean like when I type something it only appears some time later , I try to see a video in youtube in full screen it really goes slow , I dont even need to have anything open , while I am in the desktop if I move the mouse pointer it is really slow ! I dont know what is wrong with the PC , some years ago I was able to play games and watch videos without any problem , I suspect the motherboard , hope not . Please leave a comment telling me what is the problem .

LilTwist

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
try to remember that laptops run hot and technology degrades over time so if that laptop is like 5 years old the combination of heat "which adds to the degradation substantially" and age has probably turned your laptop into an overgrown paper weight. Also you will see longer life in a laptop if you use it on a hard flat surface and not on a bed or soft surface where it can sink in and block the air holes from blowing out or intaking cooler outside air

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014

This laptop is know by heating a lot , it was just made like that , I have a cooler base for it and I have been mostly only on a table with it , I dont think its the heating because it as been always really really hot , it even melted some of the plastic of it , also I cleaned it so it aint dust either.

LilTwist

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
if it melted plastic off of it there is something wrong with it plus even if it isnt a heat issue how old is it when did you buy it because a laptop in my opinion should last no more than 4 or 5 years before it becomes so bogged and slow that it needs to be trashed

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014

I think it was about 4 or 5 years ago , so basicly this laptop is almost dead and it isnt a component problem ?

LilTwist

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
well im sorry for making it seem like it is a lost cause...If your saying that things are going really slow you HDD might be going bad I have a few questions that might be able to help figure it out if it is or not here they are

are you having trouble saving data?
is your data disappearing?
do you get disk errors?
do you get the blue screen crash?
does your laptop stop recognizing your drive?
having really slow access times like taking a long time to open folders or like you said brows the net?
and are you hearing any clicking and grinding from the laptop that wasnt there when you first got it?

also have you ran a error scan for errors and bad sectors yet?

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014

1. No.
2. No if I install something or if I add a file or stuff like that it stays.
3. No
4. No
5. No

It doesnt needs to be when opening a folder , just by moving the mouse it kinda laggs the computer .
And no I am not hearing any clicking or grinding .

Well since I got a new Hard Drive and I putted Windows 7 64bits in it I havent done a scan.

LilTwist

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Yeah try to do a scan on your hardrive if it is something in the storage like errors and bad sectors the scan could repair the hardrive but if it is something with the mechanics of the hardrive then you need a new one also you said your mouse pointer moves slow if that's the case then it might be something else

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
Thing is this is a new hard drive thats why I didnt do a scan

LilTwist

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
you said your mouse moves really slow and key presses take long to register it might be a multitude of things it could be a bad cpu, motherboard, or ram it could be 1 or all of them
. If it is the cpu chances are the laptop wouldnt even get past the windows screen. If it is the motherboard the connections for data transfer might be bad, and if it is the ram the ram might have degraded so bad that its having trouble computing data. there is no real way for me to know unless I had the laptop infront of me and I can replace and remove parts to zero in on the bad part or parts

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I think I found what why its slow , I have an HD with 5400ms the old one was 7200ms.

Tiago97

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I'll have to see if I can get an 7200ms HD to test it ill let you know when I test it ! Thanks for all the help !